Public Network Services
The University of Vienna offers internet access to students and researchers with a valid u:account through its "eduroam" and "u:connect-wired" services.
If you are a member of another university, you should be able to connect to WLAN via the eduroam service and your home university username/password!
This is a short set of instructions to connect to the internet (either wirelessly with u:connect or wired with u:connect-wired):
Configure your network for automatic IP address assignment
- Connect the network cable to your notebook and to a wall socket (the sockets which are configured for the u:connect service are normally the right ones of the double sockets, if you do not know where to plug in the cable, write a request in which you state your room number).
- Activate your network device.
- Activate your wireless network.
- Connect to the wireless network "eduroam".
- provide the username in the form "u:firstname.lastname@example.org" and your password
If you need more information about the network services have a look at the information page of the ZID!